There is a culture shift taking place around the world. A shift that demands that the social stigmas—like exclusion, labeling, and silence—surrounding mental health won’t be tolerated. As a company rooted in wellness, we support open dialogues about mental health, awareness about its effects, and activities we can all practice to initiate, support, and sustain positive mental health.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth (aged 6-17) experience a mental disorder each year
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people aged 10-34
- Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide
- 19.3% of U.S. adults with mental illness also experienced a substance use disorder in 2018 (9.2 million individuals)
On the importance of mental well-being, PrimeMyBody ambassador and mental health activist, Mariel Hemingway, says, “Total health is a balance of everything you do, from the water you drink to the thoughts you think. We have to realize our personal responsibility for our own mental health. No one can take a magic pill and be cured of anything. The magic comes from the ability to take responsibility for one’s wellness, making changes and choices accordingly, and supporting those who may be struggling.”
There are many lifestyle choices we can all practice to promote mental wellness including:
- Being open to discussing and listening to emotional or psychological struggles and obstacles.
- Embracing a mindset of positivity and gratitude
- Dedicating daily moments to mindfulness routines like meditation, deep breathing, or slow fluid movement practices
- Getting quality and adequate sleep on a consistent basis
- Adopting clean, healthy eating habits
- Commitment to physical activities and exercises that promote joy
Supporting these activities and habits is hemp extract. After being shunned for decades, the benefits of hemp compounds for mental and physical health are becoming more well-researched and adopted by mainstream society. Working with the body’s endocannabinoid system, high quality hemp extract interacts with brain chemistry and neurological processes to help create environments for balanced mental wellness and enlivened moods and emotions.
Learn more about how our hemp extract lines can help you step into areas of enriched mental and physical health primemybody.com